Thursday, March 24, 2011

Episode 913: Provisional Examination Timetable's Out!

Didn't make any money from the DR@W experiment, but it was still 17°C today, so I would say the day wasn't a total bust. Provisional examination timetable's out, and I finish on 26 May. Have two papers on 25 May, which does not make me happy, but at least the DFP Affaires B2 written paper is a lot easier than our internal LL251 one. Plus we get to use the dictionary and they include a page of useful vocabulary for writing a business letter, even though that basically consists of stock phrases that anybody can memorise and regurgitate. Final paper is once again going to be a creative writing one, EN236, which means we can all go and get soused straight after the paper's done. Doesn't that sound absolutely wonderful? Then there'll be just over a month of, well, sun and fun, I suppose. Currently rewatching The Matrix trilogy (finally), am smack in the middle of The Matrix Reloaded. Just got to the scene where the Merovingian appears, with his brilliant little speech: 'I love French wine, like I love the French language. I have sampled every language, French is my favorite. Fantastic language. Especially to curse with. Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère. It's like wiping your arse with silk. I love it.' You got that right, Lambert Wilson. Couldn't have said it better myself.

No comments: