Thursday, March 31, 2011

Episode 920: What Shall I Start Reading?

So I woke up before noon today, which was incredible. Might try it again sometime. Am feeling quite ambivalent about work at the moment, which is a bit of a shame because I really thought I was getting back into the swing of things, what with banging out that poem recently and that review yesterday. Still have another one to do, and if I get that in before the very end of April, who knows, I might get another review to write. The trouble with me is really that I dither too much. If I didn't, I think I would have accomplished (a lot?) more by my age, being just a month shy of 24. Then again, part of me thinks there's a fair chance I still wouldn't have bothered. Too much ambition to do nothing, too little to do something. (Other than putting together syntactically parallel clauses, apparently.) Certainly nothing like the hunger for success that Natch has in David Louis Edelman's Infoquake, which I finished reading a few hours ago. It's a good book, and the corporate setting gives it a twist that makes it stand out from more generic science fiction fare. The closest comparisons I can reach for are Nick Sagan's Idlewild trilogy and Tony Ballantyne's Watcher trilogy. Now I can't quite decide which new book to start on. The next book in the Jump 225 trilogy, MultiReal? Paul Glennon's The Dodecahedron: Or A Frame For Frames? Christopher Nosnibor's The Plagiarist? Ashley Stokes's Touching The Starfish? David Wong's John Dies At The End? There are worse problems a person could have, definitely, but at the moment, this one's pretty pressing to me. Maybe I should use that annoying new Questions feature on Facebook?

No comments: