Friday, December 07, 2012

Episode 1537: Doing My Tiny Bit

Contributor still wants to send me a copy of her chapbook when it comes out, which makes her the first to offer to do that so far. It's definitely a nice gesture, though by no means do I usually expect to receive one for my (and I hesitate to use the word) efforts. I just think of it as doing my little bit to promote contemporary literature, and I'm flattered that these writers think that my words will help. Speaking of which, I need to set aside time this month to read Scott Dominic Carpenter's collection of short stories, This Jealous Earth, and prepare some interview questions for him. I reprinted one of his stories in Eunoia Review, and MG Press approached me a while ago about doing the interview. The review-cum-interview isn't technically due till January, and since this time I'm uploading it myself to Sabotage Reviews (the interview anyway, haven't asked my editor if he'd prefer the review and interview to be split into separate posts), I could cut the deadline pretty close if I have to. The idea is to post the interview as close to the collection's publication date as possible anyway, to help spread the word about it, which I'm more than happy to do. I've developed a soft spot for independent presses in the past couple of years, and it sounds like exciting things are forthcoming from MG Press.

No comments: