Thursday, December 13, 2012

Episode 1543: Would You Apply To Intern At Dalkey Archive Press?

Anyone reading this based in London? If so, you might want to check out Dalkey Archive Press's post about job openings at the press. Oh wait. I mean unpaid internships that might result in an actual paying low-paying job at some point. Hey, at least the advertisement is being transparent. So it all sounds pretty draconian, and the obligatory parody Twitter account already exists. Guess the literary sphere needs something to go nuts about, now that the controversy surrounding Duotrope has pretty much faded, in the face of the company's continued stonewalling. On a happier note, I got a stellar poetry submission this afternoon. Usually, when I get a batch of half a dozen poems or more, it's rare that I take the whole lot. Every so often though, a poet sends in stuff that I love and I jump to accept it all. So welcome, Sean L Corbin, to the growing ranks of Eunoia Review contributors! The journal now has posts queued for the next five months, so I think I'll temporarily close it to submissions, should that stretch to half a year.

No comments: