Monday, December 17, 2012

Episode 1547: Always The Accumulation...

So I had to wait around while my parents went to the bank after lunch, so I ended up in the library again. Having finished reading Chris Ware's heartbreaking but wonderful graphic novel, Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid On Earth, I picked up another three books, including the surprising find of Dzanc Books' Best Of The Web 2010 anthology. Someone in the acquisitions side of things for the National Library is getting things right! Have now finished reading one of those three books, Lishan Chan's A Philosopher's Madness, published by local press Ethos Books. It's a personal account of the author's experience of a psychotic break a couple of years ago. Quick read, though I must confess that I found it less interesting than I'd expected. On the reviewing side of things, the three books I requested from Zer0 Books have landed in my inbox. It's growing increasingly unlikely that I can finish the review of Jerrold's new collection to coincide with the launch this Friday, but that's okay, I guess. Now the next pressing review (aside from Shark) is of Scott Dominic Carpenter's This Jealous Earth, as I have to interview him as well, and this review has always been intended to coincide with the book's launch. Time to pick up the reading pace...

No comments: