Friday, December 21, 2012

Episode 1551: We're Still Here

Unsurprisingly, the world didn't end today. I suppose it's not so bad, at least the loonies now have the whole weekend to get over their disappointment! Imagine if they all had to go back to work tomorrow. Speaking of which, I got an e-mail from HR this afternoon telling me to attend a two-day preparatory programme at the start of January, and it's effectively the crash course version of my PGDE. It's just a bit strange because it says in the e-mail attachment that the programme's meant for untrained officers that are being posted to schools, but I'm headed for NIE, not a school. Have sent a reply asking if I'm really supposed to attend, and it wouldn't surprise me if this turned out to be a mix-up on their end. At the same time, it wouldn't surprise me if I were told to attend the programme anyway. (It is, however, mildly disconcerting to learn that a two-day programme is considered enough preparation for people to be sent to teach. Right?) We shall see what reply I get from HR! You know what would be truly bizarre? If they sent me for the two-day programme, then posted me out to a school for a week, just for the heck of it.

No comments: